Thursday, September 19, 2013

Why is studying eschatology a profitable practice for a Christian?


Absolutely it is!

In my time of really digging into studying the end times my whole view on life has changed! There is more meaning, there is more purpose, and there is more reason for everything I do.

It is a way of life, really. A Christian without the end times message on their heart is missing the whole point of the story, God’s story of redemption, and the story of His Son becoming ruler over the whole earth. I was not very old when I was introduced to learning about the end times but I cannot imagine what my life would be without it. It’s like you’re just sitting around, doing life, eventually you’ll die, and then go to heaven. Too simple.

I think it puts too much pressure on us in our earthy lives without this hope of Jesus ruling. Before I started really studying the end times I had a much different view on life. It was all about being successful, and every step had so much pressure on it. I needed to know what I was doing when, whom I was doing it with, and where it was going to take me. Focusing totally on my external calling and not so much on the most important calling, the internal one.

Now I can take a much different approach to life, yes our external calling is important, and I’m not saying that we’re not supposed to try on the earth, but there is so much more than your earthly career. A small 70-year internship here on earth is not compared much to eternity with Christ.

We are called to love the Lord with all of our hearts and to make disciples of the nations, this makes so much more sense in life when you can share about JESUS, who is coming back someday soon! A Bridegroom, King and Judge and He will make all things right, there will be no more pain, not more tears, and we can celebrate with Him for ETERNITY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment